Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Swap Questions

I joined my first yarn swap. I'm so excited! I have my first assignment, to answer the following questions:
  1. I knit much more than I crochet. I've been taught to knit several times but the time that stuck was probably in 2000.
  2. No spinning for me, although it seems cool.
  3. I love natural fibers and hand-dyed yarns. I probably have expensive taste in yarn. Although I'm always swayed by "fun" yarns and sale yarns and nice-fiber yarn... I'm not sure what my least favorite yarns are, maybe acrylic, or anything from the 70s. 
  4. I tend to like blues, greens, and browns for color. I don't really have a least-favorite color, everything is fine.
  5. I'd love to work with Schaefer Judith, but that's only because of the name :) 
  6. I just learned to knit socks, so they're my new favorite. I seem to make a lot of blankets, but hats and scarves are nice because they're quick. 
  7. I'm currently working on some socks, my first pair of baby socks, and a baby blanket. 
  8. Hmm, I'm not sure what my favorite FO is. I made an adorable baby cardigan for a friend a few years ago, it had the cutest frog buttons. 
  9. My oldest UFO came from my grandmother. I have all of her UFOs as well as my own. I have plans to finish her baby blankets one day.
  10. I can't think of any techniques I want to learn since I just did my sock class, there will be more in the future.
  11. I am on Ravlery
  12. I am currently a sock knitter, but a new one. I'm not sure what foot measurements I need to provide, I have a tiny foot, I wear a size 5. 
  13. I appear to collect yarn :). 
  14. I have a yarn winder and a swift.
  15. I love sweets and I have a real weakness for Swiss chocolate.
  16. Hmm, my favorite scents, gardenia and honeysuckle. 
  17. Oh, I keep my needles everywhere. Most of them are in a drawer, some are in a bag, and many have projects cast on. 
  18. I have an Amazon wishlist, but I doubt it's that interesting. 
  19. No summer birthday for me.
  20. I'm allergic to dust, but that's it.

No comments: