Friday, November 30, 2007

Beginning Breastfeeding

This was our latest class. Since there's no "advanced breastfeeding" class, I have to assume that beginning knowledge is all I really need.
The class was good. I'll save everyone the gory details, but we got basic information and basic instruction. Vanderbilt has 5 lactation consultants on staff and they're on-call in case you have problems when you go home. That's comforting to know that I can call at any time. 
I don't know what else to say about the class, it's pretty self-explanatory (or else you want to wait to learn it until it's yourself or your spouse going through it). However, what I can say for all my classes so far is I do suggest them for new parents. Even if I feel like I know what we went over, it gives a sense of confidence and you get to meet other pregnant women (and their husbands) and hear that you aren't alone.

No comments: