Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Childbirth Class

We started our childbirth classes last night. They meet for 2 hours on Mondays and run for 5 weeks.

This week was a basic introduction. I would guess there are about 10 couples total. One of the other couples has the same due date as us, but most of the other couples were due about a month earlier.

We did some basic anatomy this week to illustrate where the baby fits and how he'll grow in the next three months. We also talked about some warning signs in pregnancy concerning pre-term labor. Some of the warning signs were: regular contractions, problems with vision, swelling or puffiness in the face and hands, and chills or fever of 100.5 or higher.

And finally we talked about what to take to the hospital for the labor process, this list was surprisingly long. It looks like they really expect me to get bored. My personal favorite was an "item to focus on." I can't decide if that should be a picture of something I love (like the dogs) or something I really hate so I can glare at it.

Next week we talk about labor and relaxation. Two things you always want to go together :)

1 comment:

Firas Wehbe said...

How about a picture of Phil and some darts? JK!