Monday, December 24, 2007

30 weeks!

The baby weighs 3 pounds now. Although I don't have fruit sizes anymore, the book suggests putting a canteloupe on the scale at the grocery store and that's about the right weight. He's more than 17" long from head to toe now. The baby is practicing breathing now (even though it's just amniotic fluid) and may get the hiccups. His lungs are still developing.

Here's what the APA says about the baby: Your baby’s eyes are becoming more mature, and now he/she can tell the difference between light and dark. Babies at 30 weeks can even follow a light source with their eyes. Newborns only have the ability to focus on objects a few inches from their face. While “normal” adult vision is 20/20, a newborn’s vision is 20/400.

Also it says that I may start to tire easily especially if I'm having problems sleeping. This is an excellent point because I slept almost 5 hours straight last night, that's the most I've slept in a long time. It made me very happy.

No comments: