- 1,100 is the biggest number (this is true even if you ask, what about 2,000)
- As soon as you promise more grits, you'll find out that you're out of grits and need to offer an appropriate substitute.
- Something in purple face paint stains faces.
- Having a pink keyboard cover is fascinating.
- Given this pink keyboard cover, you will be asked what all the buttons do (and asked to demonstrate them).
- If you're reading a book aloud and you mispronounce something, a 5 year old will correct you (and this is a little embarrassing).
- If part of a candy cane falls into your lap, the dog will eat it.
- When asked "why are you going back to work" it's surprisingly hard to answer.
- Although they're pretty tiring to be around all day, little kids are tons of fun and worth every minute (although that's easy to say while both of their parents are nearby).
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Things I learned
I spent this past weekend with some friends who have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 5 month old. The kids did their best to help prepare me for what life will be like with my old children, but they also taught me some valuable lessons: